To begin with, we want you to know we have good news in the 2019 Q4 outlook. According to data-driven insights from the leading global workforce solutions company ManpowerGroup, Q4 in the San Francisco area is promising.
Hiring trends were found pretty much EVERYWHERE.
- Durable Goods Manufacturing
- Nondurable Goods Manufacturing
- Transportation & Utilities
- Wholesale & Retail Trade
- Information and Financial Activities
- Professional & Business Services
- Leisure & Hospitality
Correspondingly, positive job forecasts were reported across all 50 states with 100 of the largest metro areas reporting a +20% national Outlook for Q4 2019. This is a 1 percent increase from the previous year-over-year report.
To put in perspective, the last time this survey reported a Q4 Net Employment Outlook as high as +20% was in the fourth quarter of 2006. See, we told you we had good news!
Relating back to ManpowerGroup® findings specifically for the Bay Area
- employers are expected to hire at a solid pace of 23 percent growth
- 25 percent plan to hire more employees from October through December.
- 2 percent plan to reduce payrolls
- 72 percent expect to maintain current staff levels
- 1 percent indicate they are not sure of their hiring plans.
Interestingly, a study of 2800 IT leaders reported the challenge was finding skilled technology professionals. The study was conducted by Robert Half Technologies and was sectioned into major cities accordingly.
We loving this great little infographic made by the team at Robert Half which speaks directly to the state of high tech specifically in San Francisco.
Yes, the tech skills shortage is real.
In previous blogs we’ve talked tech growth and hiring trends, so we’re already aware of the industry boom, however, closing Q4 this strong is a great thing to report. While all aspects of IT have a need for quality employees, if you’re less than fulfilled in your current role or just starting out, now is most certainly the time to revisit the resume.
Our team at PWU engages with all sectors, specifically hundreds of IT professionals. Our business model is perfected for navigating ATS and recruiter profiling. Connect with us when you plan to make career moves through Q4 2019 and beyond.